Monday, September 28, 2009

Brrr...

We had a great weekend. I started off on Friday afternoon/evening going and helping a good friend chop and prepare things for their children's Michigan reception. (Their son and daughter-in-law were married in Colorado, so they had a get together for all those who were unable to attend the reception this summer) Doug met me at their place and we headed off to B.C. and got a few groceries and ate out at Panera...Yum!

On Saturday, Katie & I went to the Women In the Outdoor day at Centerline Shooting Club in Bellevue. My sister-in-law Shelly met us there along with her neighbor and friends. Katie and I did archery, self defense, and hand guns. I have proof from the huge bruise on my right forearm from archery...it was fun though. Later Katie had to babysit.

Erik went to the Consignment Auction as planned. He bought a plethora of items. Everything from tractors, running gears, tires and lots of accessories. His friend Stevie did go with him as planned and then spent the night to gear up for Sunday.

Sunday started early around here. Erik, Stevie and Katie all left shortly after 6 am to to work the pancake breakfast. Because the breakfast was slow they were able to leave in time to go to the early church service. They came home and Erik wasn't feeling well for a while and I thought the afternoon plans were going to have to be cancelled. But, after they hung out a while, he got feeling better and soon they were on their way to the Hillsdale County Fair to watch the Combine Demolition Derby.

We went to choir then out with our local Ag dealership to dinner at Schuler's. We were there for a time and had a nice time visiting with another local farm family from the Springport area.

Today we have the usual Horse Bowl and a fire meeting tonight and one tomorrow as well. We had a former Fire Chief pass away. It was the Chief that Doug started with in 1982. We may have to put together a honor guard for his funeral tomorrow. Tomorrow night we are actually celebrating, because our Fire Department earned money from a Federal Grant for fire turnout gear. So, we have a vendor coming to measure for sizes and fit us with turnout gear, leather boots and gloves.

Today the new combine came home...so we are now putting the Myers touch on it so it can become field ready. We are planning on the end of the week...but you all know we can't start on Friday! :) Thursday one pass is all that is needed to get-r-going on Friday! There is my redneck moment!! :)

You are now up to date with me...where are the rest of my fellow bloggers...are you not planning on updating your blogs soon? I miss you!!

Blessings to you all on this cold September evening! :)

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, I know I need to update my blog. I just don't know what all to say. I mean what I've been doing...school, school, school, and more school. This gets to be a difficult time of the year to blog in. But anyway, enough complaining. Sounds like you had a good weekend! It is chilly now though, hopefully it warms up a bit 'cause we are getting chicks at the center tomorrow! :)

    TTYL!
    ~Bethany~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you going to enter the cornish hen contest through the FFA? Erik won Grand Champion with his cornish hens at the fair one year. The same year Katie won Grand with her Ducks. It was actually Katie's first year at the fair. That was a crazy year. I do hope school is going well for you. What all are you taking this year? Oh yeah...how was your piano gig? :) Or more formally your performance? I prayed that you would be relaxed and would enjoy yourself. Hope to see you soon.

    TTFN!
    ~Angie~ I love these ~ don't you??

    ReplyDelete
  3. The chickens are going to be for an FFA contest but we'll be exhibiting them in 6 weeks. I've never done any competition with poultry so this could be quite the experience. ;)

    School is going great! I love it so far which is good 'cause I wasn't really looking forward to it before. This is so hands on though that I really really enjoy it.

    The piano "gig" went great. I was quite relaxed, thank you for your prayers! They are really appreciated. I enjoy playing the piano and because it was at the early morning/traditional service, most of the people were elderly members. They just sit there and smile and enjoy the music. Thank you Lord for our elderly folks!

    Hope to see you all soon too!
    ~Bethany~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just run out of things to post, but I think there's one coming soon!!!

    ReplyDelete