Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Fun Fall

Today I actually have nothing officially on my calendar. Seems rather strange. Katie started her day by making another batch of fudgy banana muffins. I made a batch of cappuccino chip muffins. They were ok, but I think they would be better if I made the espresso spread to go with them. Tomorrow or later today I will make some called morning maple muffins. Why all the muffins you ask? Well, I am in charge of the treat at the Bible Study tomorrow morning.

I got a call today from G. Geese and she has tons of extra squash left that doesn't seem to be keeping due to the heat, so that may be on the agenda for later. Baking squash and freezing it for this winter. It isn't too bad to do, just takes a little time. I would have to go over and retrieve them first.

Erik has a load of scrap steel loaded and ready to go to Sherwood. Doug plans on going with him. They will stop on the way home at the Pig Roast/Corn Days that is being held near Athens. We could go too, but I may pass this time.

The weather seems to be turning out nice today, like yesterday afternoon.

Have a good day all!

5 comments:

  1. ahhh....don't you love the feeling of nothing going on? lol hey, tell Eric I may be doing a steer next year, but it's gonna be at Branch County. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT??? Are you being a traitor? A person usually gets better prices in Marshall. But I understand, you then can take a pig to Calhoun County, right? I will Erik though. Where will you get your steer? Are you all still interested in some from G & G Geese's place? Just let us know, when we wean them soon, we can talk about that.

    Speaking of nothing going on...not true...my oven is a mess with squash. It overflowed on my tin foil. It is nasty, and I have a mess to clean up when I am done cooking them up. I have four more to cook. I can't do too many at a time, because of the mess I made cooking the first batch. So I wait.

    Have a good rest of your day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I can't give up my pigs at Calhoun. So I'll go through FFA at Branch. It should be fun. :) Abigail still does want that one steer, when should we come and get it? I would get mine through an auction that the BACC gets all their through.

    Awww, I'm sorry that your oven got all messed up. Hate it when that happens!

    TTYL!
    ~Bethany~

    ReplyDelete
  4. We don't even have the calves weaned yet. So obviously no rush. The steer Abigail is looking at is such a cutie! Doug said years ago, alot of kids that took steers to Calhoun County Fair got them at the same time by a truck load that came in.

    That's ok about the oven...I may not even clean it until I do the rest on Thursday, cause I may have the same issue.

    Funny, that Erik & Doug saw you and your Dad near Union City.

    Well I need to hit the hay...I must get up super early to bake yet another batch of muffins, and see the kids off to Jackson.

    TTFN

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that's cool! I didn't even see them, we were at a job Dad was looking at. Do you know where the Yoders farm is (Twin Maple Farms)? We used to live there for a while during the time that we were building out house. I loved living there....so open, so many beautiful fields.

    Have a great day!
    ~Bethany~

    ReplyDelete