Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day

We had a nice day yesterday visiting with neighbors and friends. The boys worked on a Derby Combine. Katie babysat.

Today we made an awesome pork roast on the grill with winter squash, corn on the cob, a salad of fresh tomatoes, cucumbers and peppers, and peach cobbler. Then we went over and picked stones on the new alfalfa seeding, returned some movies and got coffee and a hot cup of tea. I'm tired and ready for bed and its only 8...maybe the hot tub is calling.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun! Is the Derby Combine for the Calhoun County Fair next year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I am a co-worker of Susan's in Greenville, SC
    My name is Jon. The tall dutchman.

    I am getting my wife's Bible Study into a blog format.

    Hope you will stop by and visit it sometime.

    www.biblestudybysusan.blogspot.com

    Jon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bethany...the derby combine is for Erik for next year. He will be official then.

    Jon...I will try to go on see the site soon. Thx

    ReplyDelete