Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Feels like Fall!

I can't believe I missed blogging yesterday, so I will fill you in. Yesterday I worked Mikey and Chip as Katie did her school work. Poor Mikey's leg hurts him bad. He will get shoes on his front on Friday. He usually feels better then. Then there was Chip. No problems what so ever. I only ran them in the round pen. So maybe he has a saddle phobia.

Late afternoon we went up to Johnson Systems and the kids had their picture taken for the local paper. They wanted to promote what they do with the steers they buy at the 4-H Auction. They have them butchered and distribute some of the meat to their employees. Then we went to Cascarelli's pizza in Homer. Doug's Grandma wanted pizza for her 95th birthday. After that we visited some friends houses.

Today the kids woke up ready for a day in Jackson. This morning they had scrambled eggs, with homemade sausage, broccoli and cheese. Along with that they had a New England Blueberry Coffeecake. This was a recipe I found years ago in a Country Living, it has pecans on top. It is so good.

After the kids got off to Jackson, I went to the Church and started a new Beth Moore bible study. It looks like its going to be a good one. (I miss you Melissa!!)

Next I went to the Bosserd's. I always have fun there. A hung out with Pam and helped her a little by picking a few things and I helped her set up the Corn Maze. We had so much fun trying to find our way through the maze. I recommend going there and make your way through. This year it is all about Farm Facts.

Soon I will be getting two bushels of sweet corn to do yet tonight. Might be a late night, but my supplier had school today.

Until later, have a blessed day.

3 comments:

  1. It was good to see you all last night! Is anyone going out for the early anlerless season tomorrow? Do you girls hunt too? I've never been out to the Bosserd's even though I've heard lots about it. Maybe this year..... :)

    You have a blessed day as well!

    ~Bethany~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our families will have to go out to Bosserd's together if you would like. Katie and I don't hunt. We are going to the Women's Outdoor Day on Sept. 26, maybe that will fire us up for hunting. I have never deer hunted. Pheasant hunted and goose hunted once only. I personally like to fish as does Katie. Just don't like the snakes!! Is the anterless season for youth only?

    TTFN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be fun for our families to go out there together! You and Katie should deer hunt, it's awesome! The only downside about it for me is that it's so cold but you probably don't need to sit as long as I do. lol The antlerless season is not just for youth only...it's an early season that they added I think it was, last year.

    TTYL!

    ReplyDelete