Friday, September 25, 2009

SQUASH!

Hi all...hope you are having a good day today. I am officially tired of squash. Yesterday my mom came over and brought me about 30 more squash. We split, cleaned, baked, dug out, packaged, and froze those squash most of the day. In the middle of the day though, I made dinner for my family, my parents and my Uncle Dave who was up for the day. Luckily I had a big steak out. So, we had grilled sirloin steak, grilled fresh vegetables, fresh coleslaw, and of course, squash. It was really good and we enjoyed eating outside on the deck.

Later my mom and I went to our basement and started in on some boxes. I had moved a bunch down there when we started finishing our bonus room. Mostly we went through books (lots of them), keepsakes, some throw away items and some for goodwill. If anyone would like some books give me a call. They are more for younger kids, early readers and some horse series as well.

We just had an awesome lunch of Chili that Katie made up this morning. It was perfect given the weather outside.

I am going soon to give blood. I haven't given since last year. I enjoy giving but the way I give it takes so long, nearly 2 hours. They divide my blood when they take it to use it more ways. I have only done this one other time.

Tomorrow Katie and I am going to a Women's Outdoor day up by Bellevue. Then in the evening she has a babysitting job.

Erik will be preoccupied by an Auction tomorrow. It is his biannual Consignment Sale he attends near Battle Creek. He has some items over for sale and he always brings home treasures as well. He will go with his friend Stevie. They always have a blast.

Sunday is the 4-H Pancake Breakfast. Both kids will work that on the morning shift. Usually 6:30 to 10 a.m. Later I believe Erik wants to go to the Hillsdale County Fair to see the Combine Demolition Derby. He has to start learning methods for his strategic attack for next year. :)

So you are all updated. Enjoy this weather, and be safe all.

~Blessings to you~

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun weekend planned! We are off to a shower for my cousin in Holland and on Sunday I have to play at my piano teacher's church. I was going to work at the pancake breakfast, but the piano job came up. :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the First Baptist Church of Coldwater. I play at the early service, which is at 8:30.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good...I pray all goes well, and...that you have fun doing it too.

    ReplyDelete