Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sunshine and Swimming

Today we enjoyed a beautiful day of rest. We went to church and had an nice sermon, I then worked in the 2-3's room during second service, what fun!! I always have fun playing with the kids. I am the one who ends on the floor crawling around with them, go figure! :)

We then came home and actually hung out at the pool. We actually sat out most the afternoon. I started reading a new book which is really good. (Emily S...I need to get you the first of the series to read, I'm on the second one!) We then had choir and small group. Our small group involved a fish fry from fish that were caught in Alaska, from a couple who went on a cruise this summer. It was an awesome dinner. But you know when any get together involves food...it is always fun. I was in charge of dessert. I made two. One was a torte that had angel food cake, pudding, whipped cream, and fresh raspberries, topped with grated semi-sweet chocolate. The next was a peach cobbler, with bite sized biscuits. The peaches were peeled by by loving husband. (he wanted me to tell you all that) :)

Katie went to Youth Group after choir...and Erik went to Uncle Ted's then to friends and participated in a Bon Fire. Both had a blast and came home very excited with all their adventures.

So that was our weekend. We are off to MSU in the morning to see the Dr. Wish us luck!

Blessing for a good start to your week!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great day! I'll look forward to getting the book(s)!!! I wish I could have sampled your desserts. I'm sure they were delectable!!!!
    -Emily S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun weekend! Can't believe it went by so fast and we all are back to school again today. Tell Erik it was good to see him last night. :) Hope all goes well at the Dr!

    God bless,

    ~Bethany~

    ReplyDelete