Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Autumn Days

Hi all...Today started out abruptly. This morning at 5ish in the morning someone decided to stop in the road right near our house and honk repeatedly at a deer that either needed to cross the road or one that was in the road. This thing happens all the time, at various times of the night, but when it is so close to the time one needs to wake up, that just isn't nice. Then when you try to fall back asleep, and the alarm goes off because you really should be up...YIKES! Needless to say I have been dragging most of the day.

When I did get up at 6, I pulled together the Morning Maple Muffins to go along with the Cappuccino and Fudgy Banana Muffins. After some thought and some taste testing I decided to make the Espresso Spread to go along with the Cappuccino Muffins.

Doug did breakfast. One the menu was scrambled eggs with bacon, cheese, and broccoli, and of course muffins. We are kinda boring cause we do mostly the same stuff on Wednesday's. Next week though the kids would like Omelets. I told them I would get the ingredients they like and be ready to make it next week.

They seemed to have a good day in Jackson. On the way home Katie convinced Erik to stop for donuts at an orchard near Homer/Concord area. Yum!

The leftover muffins from bible study went to my friends at the Bosserd's. We found out that the spread goes really well over fresh apples. My friend Kim, who needs things gluten free, was smelling those muffins and decided she could have some of the fun with the spread. So she took some and smeared it on her apple. And then we followed suit. Wow...that was good. Then she and Pam went to pick pumpkins. I was banned from the Pumpkin Patch, cause I had nice clothes on, and shoes that would be ruined in the field cause it was so wet. So I stayed at the barn and chatted with Jolene and put together a few baskets for them. (The baskets consisted of corn husks, indian corn, and gourds.) Before leaving I went and picked a pt of raspberries, yellow grape tomatoes, some peppers, an eggplant, zucchini, and some cabbage to bring home.

Once home I have put together dinner and am running back to town for an appt. Katie is going to pull weeds at the church to help pull the gardens together for winter.

You are now caught up on our day.

Rest well this evening...I plan to! :)

1 comment:

  1. mmmmmmm! apples, apple cider and donuts. Gets me all geared up for autumn!

    ReplyDelete