Thursday, October 15, 2009

Reservations...

Today I made plans to spend nearly 11 hours on a Amtrak train tomorrow...yeah! Seems I get to drive a truck and camper home on Saturday, maybe Sunday...through Chicago...again yeah! Are you reading my true excitement?

Now, if I had like a 5 hour layover in Chicago and I got to shop for a few hours...now that would be YEAH! I tried to talk my son into doing the trip. His Dad however disagreed with me. He thinks we'd have to call him stumpy after the trip cause he would eat all his fingernails down and his fingers most the way off if he got too nervous driving through there with the trailer. He drove to the Mackinac Bridge fine...but no go with the Dad. But he is fine sending me??? Where are my 3 brothers??? Ok...enough venting. Honor thy mother and father...and my husband, right!

One thing to look forward to, the train station is very close to the Chicago Board of Trade. I may go there and see the people with whom we trade our commodities. Great group of people. One is a very good friend. He and his wife had a little one a few months ago, I hope to see him and at least see some pictures of the little one. They live in Rockford, so there is no chance to see her and the baby. Maybe I can get lunch out of one of the people too, cause my train doesn't leave out of Chicago till 2:15

So today...it is laundry, more laundry, tidying up the house, maybe a big pot of soup. I feel as though I barely hit the ground here and I'm off again.

At least Katie will be here holding the fort down. She will make sure those boys are fed, and things get done. She is more of a drill sargent then I am at times! :)

Hey, maybe I can get like 3 weeks of bible study done, then I wouldn't have to worry if I miss a day when we are in the heat of harvest.

Thanks for letting me vent for those who read my postings.

Stay warm and be blessed! =)

4 comments:

  1. Awww, not fun! Oh well, at least you'll get some peace and quiet in a way. ;) Be careful and stay safe. Katie, keep those guys in line. :P

    ~Bethany~

    P.S. About the Bosserds, we'll think about it. We've been really really busy. Thanks for the invite, it sounds really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Call me tonight when you read this...I have some info for you.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you need a hankie? Well I would go if I could...honestly I would. Oh and uh I READ YOUR BLOG! SO THERE. Don

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope that you have gotten everything accomplished, and can sit back and enjoy that train ride!!! Or, at least try to...

    ReplyDelete