Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Rain...

I admit, I like those days when you can just sit inside and enjoy a gentle rain outside and snuggle up to watch a movie. Or, just doing those inside things you have been avoiding because you have been outside 20 hours a day only to come in to sleep. But this is wearing on me. Just when it looks like we can start running beans again, we are going to be hit with more rain. Maybe God is trying to get us all to slow down, testing our patience...hmmm. I'll have to let you know on that one.

We had such a busy weekend there were times when we didn't know if we were coming or going. We went and got more things to finish the electrical in the bonus room. I know...maybe God wants us to have that room done before the combining gets going full stream?

Yesterday I went to my friend Pam's house and worked. I helped her a little and she helped me alot. She allowed me to pick some gourds and squash out of her field and pick some flowers from her beautiful garden to put together arrangements for the 4-H Awards night, that is tonight. I actually used a cordless drill to make the openings for the flowers. I had a gal that used to run a florist/garden shop come by and look at the drill and then look at me and said, "I made flower arrangements for over 20 years and never once thought of using a cordless screwdriver." She said it very serious. As of now, I still don't know if she really thought it was a good idea or not. I did get compliments on the arrangements from others...so I think Doug's cordless screwdriver idea was good.

Tonight is the awards dessert. Doug and I have a fire meeting meeting. I said I would make a snack for the firefighters, so I might as well get cooking for both events.

We are excited...Erik is getting his senior pictures on Thursday with his Ford 8N. So he needs to work on getting it cleaned up for that. One good thing about a boys senior pictures...very few clothing changes.

Have a blessed day all...

3 comments:

  1. I'm tired of the rain too. Especially when I have to ride my bike in it. It was COLD yesterday!

    Can't wait to see the pictures! Maybe you can post 'em on here. :)

    Have a great day!
    ~Bethany~

    ReplyDelete
  2. This week I was taking Driver's Ed segment 2 in Coldwater so I would just ride from the center. It wasn't too bad, just really cold in the rain. ;)

    ReplyDelete