Friday, October 2, 2009

Beans and Rain

Hi all...we received over an inch of rain last night and this morning...so it is a little soggy around here. Last night we ran beans till they got tough. So far we have around 150 acres of beans combined. Doug is very happy with the yield, thus far. We have run both irrigated and non-irrigated.

I made the big Sam's Club run yesterday. I love going there, but as my Dad calls it, instead of Sam's Club, he says it's the $100 Club. It is so hard to get out of there for less than that amount.

I then went to J.C. Penny's and ordered some blinds that I needed for the bonus room I am trying to finish. It seems to be the never ending room.

On my way home yesterday afternoon I got a call from G & G Geese. Seems my brother Gary was over and felt the need for Pizza. Erik was there helping cut wood, and he thought it was a great idea too...so that was to be the order of the day. So much for Pizza Momma...last night it was Pizza Hut. Doug was fine with that, he ate with the auto-steer working after I brought him a semi a little later on, after we unloaded the Sam's Club purchases.

The kids then went off to their 4-H Council Meeting. Not much planned for tonight. Maybe we will do some pond dwelling with friends. Then there is a bonfire after the Harper Creek game at 9 with the small group the kids do some things with in B.C. We will see how the mood and the weather strikes us.

Before I end this...in case I don't blog tomorrow...I must wish my brother Ken the oldest of the Sunday "kids" a Happy 49th Birthday! This is your last year in the 40's...hehehe..LOL...ROFL. Just cause your older doesn't mean you are wiser!! Have a good one big bro.

Enjoy your weekend all...stay safe and be blessed!

4 comments:

  1. K, it's looking like we're gonna try to get over there close to 4 since the boys have a visit during that time. I'll be sure and call first. I don't know how long we'll be able to stay, but hopefully I can get in as much as possible. I wish I could make it to a game tonight, but I think mom and dad want to get out shopping. :/ Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK...would you be interested in going to a bon-fire with our family later tonight? It would be after the H.C. game over by D. Drive in B.C. at the Odden's. They have a small group through the first assembly church in B.C. If we go, we will go as a family. But it would be later and we would be home by 10-10:30. You can let us know, when we see you at the pond. TTFN

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I'll ask and let ya know. It's gonna be closer to 5:00 too. Sorry, my bad. Hopefully that doesn't ruin anything for anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for inviting me to the bonfire last night! It was really nice to get to know you and Mr. Myers better. God bless!
    ~Bethany~

    ReplyDelete