Monday, January 18, 2010

Happy Monday

Hi all...Today the kids were up and at it early. Erik is taking care of chores at his grandparents for the time being so he was at it early. Katie went down to the BACC (Branch Area Career Center) to work on some projects with friends for a demonstration they will have coming up soon. Doug was up his normal time. I even was up early. (scary huh!)

Forced to go to bed early will do that to you. The forcing was the fact that at approx 10:40 last night we lost power. Not a flicker and a wonder, just out. So as Erik was out trying to find the last Raccoon he had treed, we called him and told him that he would have to take care of things near the house in the dark. We headed to bed leaving on some candles that he blew out as he made his way through the house. It is fun sometimes sleeping in the pitch black dark. Nothing in a pager charging, no L.E.D. lights on just dark. I loved it. Slept like a baby.

Funny thing is...midway through the morning when Erik realized it was M.L.K. day and that the rest of his buddies don't have school, he was complaining about the injustices of him having to do school work today. I laughed, really I did. I love homeschooling!

We got a call today from a friend about a good deed that Erik did today though and it nearly burst my heart. There is a gentleman who lives in our area that usually doesn't have one kind word to say about my son. On the way home from doing chores this morning though, my son, saw this same man walking down the road and knew he could use a ride. He turned around and gave him a lift to where he needed to go. Now if that doesn't make a Momma proud I don't know what would.

Have an awesome blessed day all!

1 comment:

  1. I went to bed before the lights went out and woke up at 6:00 wondering why my alarm hadn't gone off. :D Oh well....

    Good job Erik! Way to go! Keep up the good work.

    ~Bethany~

    ReplyDelete