Friday, November 20, 2009

We're Back!!!

Hi all...well...were we missed? Last week after my last post, we were hit hard with the bug. First Katie was hit then we all were to an extent. We had some miserable days around here. Doug even layed low a couple of days and stayed close to the house and just wandered out to the grain set up to make sure things were working. It is funny how people wondered if he just "had a cold." If you know him well enough, it takes more than that to keep him down. We all have a few lingering effects, but are on the mend.

Late last week we were able to go see a play put on by the Marshall Civic Players "A Christmas Carol." A family we know all participated in it and it was so nice to see all of them. Good friends joined us too, so it ended up being a great night.

We were supposed to host our small group last week, but with us having lingering effects of the bug we chose to host it at the church, so nothing could be spread.

Since then...we have had some productive days here. Some curtains have been made, appointments kept, and more of the usual day to day life with harvest time. To add to the fun, I use the term lightly, we have agreed to be part of a Christmas Walk for our church. That will consist of three or four groups of fifteen going through your house to see it and how you decorate it for Christmas. Well, to say the least, I am a tad bit stressed. Supposedly a person can shut off rooms and keep them from going through. But, take the basement as an example, Erik has his farm set down there. He would like people to see how he has it set up and he actually just made a new board and layout for it. He also is making more shelves for his extra equipment he isn't using on his current set-up.

So that is about it for now...I will spare you all more details. I may write more as time allows.

Be blessed my friends and be safe in your harvest.

1 comment:

  1. I've missed your posts! I checked everyday.... :)

    Glad to hear you are all feeling better, I just have a lingering cough that's bugging me. I'm staying out of the woods as much as possible so I can get better, but it's so hard! I want to hunt!

    Anyway, hope all goes well for the Christmas Walk! Sounds like fun. :D

    ~Bethany~

    ReplyDelete