Thursday, November 5, 2009

Chilly November

Hi all...hope your days are filled with fulfilling work and some fun mixed in. We are just a day away from finishing up our beans. What a great feeling that will be. Then of course there is the corn.

I had Bible Study yesterday then a friend and I ran to Kalamazoo to do some errands. She had some returns, downtown, and we found the most wonderful place to eat lunch. It was a store with bunches of fresh salads and deli type items that would rival Whole Foods. The sandwich and salad we has was scrumptious. We then headed toward Portage to go to the Baby's-R-Us, to find a shower gift for a couple at church. They work with the youth group and are an awesome couple, so I picked up a little extra so Katie would have something just from her. It helped my friend had a 20% coupon so it was worth the extra time in going there. Next we went to a lighting store and I finally found my lights for the bonus room. You know before I kept looking but nothing was jumping. When these ones jumped so they are ordered and on their way. Finally we went to Sam's Club in Portage. Wow, talk about stuff, they have some fun different items then they have in Battle Creek, so that was a cool experience.

One the way home it was getting late, so of course I was worried about what I was fixing for dinner. When I called home and talked to Katie to see what she might pull out for me to put together. I was greeted with Mom, I knew you might be a while, so I made up a meatloaf and have baked potatoes and applesauce, is that ok. Uh...YES! How awesome. I hadn't even talked to her after she had gotten home from Jackson yesterday, so what a blessing that was.

Today I have to go forward big time with pulling together my basement and start thinking about Christmas decorations. Its a long story, but yes once I gather them all together, they will slowly start going up.

The kids have a 4-H council meeting tonight. Katie will be happy, Erik not so much.

Well that is all for now.

Have a blessed an awesome day all!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure it's awesome to almost have the beans all done. I've just started seeing corn getting harvested and yeah, it's amazing how quick that time of year has come!

    BTW, I awarded you. Check my blog for more info on it. :)

    ~Bethany~

    ReplyDelete