Saturday, March 6, 2010

Sunny Days

What a gorgeous day we have today. The sun is shining the birds are chirping, and we have fired up the grill with a pork roast for dinner. Actually I am cooking it for my mom on our Holland Grill (advertising plug!). I am cooking that and some potato supreme (like a cheesy potato dish). I will take those two items and my family over to G & G Geese's house to eat with them later on. They all are busy processing a harvested bovine to acquire more substance for a later date. :) That was for you Miss B! We have enough so we are not acquiring any further substance at this time.

Erik took Katie up to ride Mr. Chip. Then he is coming back to prep a tractor that he has sold. Katie, while up there, is going to wash Chip's tail. Is is nasty dirty...so she will have a time getting it cleaned up. Meanwhile, I have to pull through my house and get to the top or find bottom...however you want to put it. It seems when you are away for a while, even when you have all the laundry caught up before you go everything multiplies quickly. I know I just got back from a trip....but now I need a vacation!!

Thursday, I went with a friend slightly north east of Indianapolis to a speaking engagement she had at the Boone County Fairgrounds. I was her chauffeur. We left at 2:30 and got back shortly after midnight. I was able to sleep in the next morning. My friend, however could not. She was back up at 3 am doing her writing column and then hitting the barn to assist with milking chores. This lady does a terrific job moving an audience. She was listed as a humorist. That actually made her laugh. Her speech did have some laughs thrown in, but she makes an incredible point that our Ag industry cannot sit by as the new policies come through and watch them be passed without a fight. That our manure now is too potent, our hog crates too confining, and any drop of herbicide is too toxic. She asks that we, as those part of the Ag industry, speak up and give information and tell your story instead of staying silent. If you want to read some of her postings or find out how you too could have her speak at your event, google her at Melissa Hart, Knolltop Farm Wife. She also writes for other publications that you should be able to find with a search.

Well I should keep moving. Enjoy your day all!!

Be Blessed~

No comments:

Post a Comment