Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Mary did you know...

Isn't that an awesome song!! Most have children, raise them up as they should and can only hope and pray that God will guide them to find the perfect mate, and have an awesome life. I know Mary had a glimpse of what was to come...but how much do you think she really knew? As we don't know from day to day what life will hold...we need to live each day to the fullest.

I know it has been a while since I have updated...I will fill you in on what's new at Myers Farms.

Well Dec 7, we had a Christmas Walk tour through our home. Everything pulled together great, and we had a grand time.

The following Saturday we had some new friends we were blessed to have met this year come to our home with their children and we were able to spread some Christmas cheer. The kids played board games and some basketball. The little one watched a Christmas classic and hung out with the big kids. What a blessing it has been getting to know these three nice families!

December 13 & 14 was our Church's Christmas program. This year it was called Journey to the Manager. We were very involved this year. Meaning...Doug, Katie and I were in the choir. Erik, Doug and I did some dancing with the choreography and had a blast with that! Finally Doug had a duet with the director of the program. He did a great job and did well with a really fun song!

Yesterday we butchered a steer for our yearly meat supply. We share 1/2 with my brother from South Carolina. We get it ready and he and his wife come and help cut up and wrap. Always a fun time down in the basement doing this project. :)

We sent our kids off to their final day of co-op classes today in Jackson for the year. Erik stopped and picked up G. Geese so she could get some grocery and Christmas shopping done while they are in classes. Erik checks in with her between his classes. I think he hopes to get a meal for lunch out of his birthday mate as well...we will see.

We, hopefully, will finish up our measly 35 acres today. We got held up last time because the snow was coming down and sticking to the plant so intensely and the combine got froze up. Now that the weather has settled and our other events have been here and gone, we can get that last batch up and move on to the next project.

This weekend we will have our small group here for our Christmas dinner and white elephant gift exchange. I think I have a really nice wreath I may donate to give away for one of my gifts...we will see.

Well I think you have it. Since I am not very good anymore at updating, I feel as though I should write Merry Christmas. But I won't do it officially yet as I might get on a writing streak again should time allow!!

Be Blessed my dear friends and have a great day!!

2 comments:

  1. We really enjoyed coming to your house....what a blessing you all have been to us too! BTW, the Christmas program was great....you all did an amazing job.

    Have a wonderfully, blessed day!
    ~Bethany~

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's was so much fun doing the Christmas program together. And thanks so much for having us over as well. I think we all feel that we got to know you all even better!!!!
    -Em

    ReplyDelete