Monday, February 20, 2012

A New Year...

As promised I am updating my blog. The last official blog I had written was after the fair, but for some odd reason it wouldn't post to my page. So I just went on with our life and as I was checking in with the other blogs I read, I thought I'd try it out again and I was back in business so here goes nothing.

Wow...the fall of 2011. It was a whirlwhind. Harvest went well...a few glitches with an employee leaving us, but it went safe, abundant and done a few weeks before Christmas.

Also this fall, as Katie began her senior year and also dual enrolled at KCC, Erik purchased a new house and moved in around the first of November. It was a bittersweet moment...to think the little man (ha ha ha) who layed his head here every night now is in a different place. But if you saw it...you'd be amazed. It is so stinkin cute. We had a good friend paint most all the rooms and Erik put his finishing touches with his antiques and treasures it is pretty sweet.

Erik hosted not only our Christmas/Birthday celebration, but New Years Eve. as well. We are so stinkin proud of him!!

Katie is going strong now in her second semester of KCC. She has all work done in her senior year but math which she does daily. For years Katie has talked of being a nurse, but after job shadowing at the hospital she found great respect and interest of sonography/ultrasound and is now looking to pursure a career in that direction.

Doug and I were able to sneak off to Palm Springs, California the first week of February...we had a great time.

We've since butchered and my brother Don is expected up here in the next few days to help with the cutting and we will be filling up the freezer with fresh beef...always a fun family bonding time.

That is all for now...I do hope this finds you all in good health...and as always...

Be blessed!!!

3 comments:

  1. I love all the updates! Thanks!
    Doris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bethany...I knew you'd be liking this Doris...Hope all is well in both of your worlds!! :)

    ReplyDelete