Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Dog Days of Summer

Hi all...sorry I have been so neglectful toward this blog. So...we had the open house, and aside from my my near panic attack in wondering who, if anyone will be coming...it went very smooth. We did run out of cake, forks, plates, and the root beer keg was dry before the end of the party. So a run to town for more cake, plates and utensils. Overall the final count was 235 people served! A good time was had by all...and family and friends from all over came to wish Erik great success for his future.

So...since that time...Dexter is home from Topeka, IN. He is now officially cart broke. This was done by Mr. Henry Mast a young Amish boy near there...Dexter was his first project. Overall a good job. While there we got a cart and harness. We also learned about how the Amish in the area raise trophy bucks for organized hunts in different areas.

In the last few weeks we have been to a movie, thrown a baby shower, went to a wedding, played softball every Thursday and made up games the last two Tuesday's, went to a pampered chef party, went to South Haven for blueberries and to meet friends. Also, in the last two weeks we, Doug and I have over 140 hours each standing by with the fire trucks with the oil spill that happened in Marshall. Oh...yeah...picked 2 1/2 bu. peaches, and still are waiting on a few to get ready to put them up. Lastly...I took the day yesterday with friends and just floated in my pool. Wow that is a lot of stuff in a few weeks huh! :)

I have had a request from my brother to put pictures up from the open house on my blog. I know my friend B is a bit busy this week and next...but it will happen...right B? :)

So we are in the home stretch for our fair which is next week. Going from our house are two steers, Katie is also taking a mini whinnie...which is a miniature horse a friend has offered her to show for 4-H. Other non animal items are a demo derby pick-up truck and possibly up to 4 maybe 5 demo derby combines. Fun times. Come on over to the Calhoun County Fair on Thursday evening to see the fun and action of the Derby...you will see me again in the Queen Bee adorned with the crown.

Well take care all and be blessed!! ~ :)

2 comments:

  1. haha, you are awesome can't wait for Calhoun County Fair!

    Hey, whenever you are ready for a quick bloggin' lesson let me know! :D

    ~B~

    ReplyDelete