Sunday, May 2, 2010

Spring has sprung!

Hi all...sorry I can't believe it has been nearly a month since my last post. Many things have been going on since that time. I will try to fill you in on them, as brief as possible.

Of course the normal meetings, appointments, working at my favorite green house, school, time with horses, birthday's...YIKES :), and planting season has begun. As of today we are down to only 400 acres remaining of planting corn...which is so unusual. Beans are being planted too, but of course we started later with them, so we have less in at this time.

We also have had hospital visits...G'ma. Geese... one at Battle Creek heath systems one Monday and Borgess the following. I guess we are going on the evaluation system. : ) Still not sure what is to come of this. G & G Geese are going to Mayo again soon to hopefully get some clear answers. Please keep them in your prayers as symptoms continue since the last stay.

I went to the most awesome simulcast of Beth Moore. Anyone who has a chance of seeing her in one of these, or doing one her studies, truly will be blessed. I came away from this changed! Awesome woman.

Katie has had ups and downs since I wrote last. We made a really hard decision to alter her summer plans...forever! But since that decision she has been blessed with incredible things. She has gotten a scholarship to attend Washington DC with the FFA Organization. She was chosen because of her participation with their program through the Branch Area Career Center. I believe she will be attending there next year, 4 days a week, just in the afternoons. She will still attend her classes on Wednesday in Jackson. So she will be a very busy girl. Hopefully she can complete her Geometry class this summer to help with her workload. Another thing she is doing, is taking a miniature horse to the fair this year. She is doing it to help a clover bud (someone younger than 9) so they can show in classes as well. This will be an exciting time for her.

Erik is officially signed up for Auctioneer school in St. Louis, Missouri in June. He is super excited, but also a little nervous. I figure he might as well put his love of Auctions to good use.

Oh...one more thing...we are taking Dexter, our miniature donkey to a Amish gentleman in Topeka, IN to be cart broken. I am so super excited to do this. I hope Mikey can be content with the steers while he is gone.

Ok...that is enough for one update. I promise, I will not let so much time go by before I update again.

Take care all...and be blessed!!!~

2 comments:

  1. Good to hear from the Myers family again! :D Was wondering what was up over there. :) Hope to see ya'll soon!

    ~Bethany~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Auctioneer school is perfect for him. I'm sure he will do great at it. So good to hear from you. Our corn planting is all done hear. We have so little to do compared to you guys so it goes fast. Have a great day. Rebekah

    ReplyDelete